Quick facts about the Kubi
- Location: Nigeria
- Also Known As: Kuba
- Status: NOT Engaged by IMB
- Population: 2,000
- Primary Religion: Islam
- Number of Christians: None
- Language: Kubi language said to be extinct
- Found in Bauchi State in northern Nigeria
- Kubi language is said to be extinct, though some older people may still speak it
- Hausa language and culture is gaining strength among the Kubi
Pray that this people group will not be overlooked because of their small population. Pray that the Christians in the area would be burdened for the lost around them.
Learn more about the Kubi!
The Kubi are found in one town and several villages in Bauchi State. They are losing both their language and culture to Hausa, a dominant people group in the area. There are Gospel recordings in both Kubi and Hausa which could be used as evangelistic tools to reach the Kubi. These would be useful as many of the Kubi are oral learners and would not be able to read written Scriptures. An Engaging Church could take the challenge of reaching the Kubi and perhaps other small people groups in the same area.
- Kubi Profile (PDF, 112KB)