Quick facts about the Baushi
- Location: Nigeria
- Also Known As: Bauchi, Bauci, Kushi
- Status: NOT Engaged by IMB
- Population: 12,000
- Primary Religion: Islam
- Number of Christians: 5
- Language: Kushi
- Live in Niger State, Nigeria, about three hours from Jos
- Many follow Islam but have not entirely left their traditional practices
- Some villages may be inaccessible during rainy season
Pray that the few believers among the Baushi will be faithful, strong witnesses to those who continue to follow traditional religious practices.
Learn more about the Baushi!
There are very few believers found among the Baushi. There are evangelical churches in the area where they live, but none are specifically reaching out to the Baushi. Some still speak Kushi, but many have adopted Hausa as their language.
- Baushi Profile (PDF, 110KB)