A Partnering Church works alongside an existing International Mission Board missionary team to advance evangelism and church planting among that team's focus people group.
A Partnering Church can choose to serve a missionary team in one of two ways.
- Help implement a particular strategy for the team, like youth ministry or leadership development.
- Commit to reach a segment of the focus people group that is not currently being engaged.
A Partnering Church wants "more than just another mission trip." It wants to be intentional in making a long-term impact for the kingdom. The church can be large or small. All that matters is a willingness to go!
A Partnering Church is willing to:
- fulfill their agreed-upon task, which could take at least 3-5 years of regular visits to the field.
- get involved at every level. Even those who don’t go in person faithfully intercede in prayer for their people group and on-the-field teams.
- sacrifice personal convenience to take the Gospel to some of the world’s most difficult-to-reach, out-of-the-way places.